Strategic Fleet Solutions
In a world that is constantly changing, fleet solutions can help move your fleet toward best practice, and keep it there. The need for “contactless” transport options all demonstrate how the application of vehicles, and the roles they are capable of fulfilling, is constantly changing in ways we would never have imagined. But it is very much today’s reality and a source of genuine competitive advantage.
The vehicle market and fleet management industry is undergoing unprecedented change, including:
• Vehicle technological enhancements such as driver automation
• An increased range of hybrid and electric vehicles
• The deployment of In-Vehicle Monitoring Systems (IVMS)
• Dealership group consolidation
• Manufacturer rationalisation
• Emerging technological connectivity through the Internet of Things (IoT)
• Availability of sophisticated fleet management systems that deliver enhanced fleet management capability to all fleet sizes
• The commodisation for FMO product offerings
• Acknowledgement of liability for ‘Grey Fleet’ vehicles
The term Grey Fleet has only come into the Australian lexicon in the last few years. The term refers to any vehicle used occasionally or regularly by employees for work purposes, including their own vehicles and hire cars.
Why is Grey Fleet important?
Under common law and in accordance with the Australian Work Health and Safety Act 2011, organisations have a legal responsibility to provide a safe working environment and to ensure that the public at large is not put at risk from the organisation’s transportation activities.
The duties of employers to employees is to ensure that where employees work is safe and without risks (and by definition, this includes vehicles and grey fleet vehicles).
One of the maturing aspects of this change is the rise of “mobility solutions”. This includes the use of pool vehicles, ride-hailing, ride-sharing, vehicle subscription, public transport, peer to peer rental, and Fleet as a Service (FaaS).
While this provides organisations a new landscape of choice and flexibility, it also introduces a level of complexity that might sound great but is difficult to convert in the real world. This reinforces the need to understand the best options for your organisation.
At the same time, the fleet management market is undergoing considerable disruption arising from a reduction in traditional corporate fleet vehicles, consolidation of suppliers, increased levels of digitalisation, and the perceived commodisation of product/service offerings.
Fleet Solutions Services
We work with our clients to identify the best solutions to help them meet their objectives, some examples include:
• Project Management
• Providing Outsourced Services
• Novated Lease Introduction and Education
• Implementing a Fleet Management System
• Aligning Requirements with Alternative Finance Models and Fleet Alternatives, Including Mobility Options
• Negotiating Improved Pricing Arrangements with FMOs, Fuel Providers, Dealerships, and Maintenance Providers
• Developing a ‘safety first’ culture through policy development, monitoring systems, education, and driver training
• Deploying Fleet Monitoring Solutions
• Formulating a New Motor Vehicle Policy
• Guiding The Transition to Alternative Fuel Vehicles
• Developing a Strategic Plan For The Management of The Fleet
• Training Staff Responsible for Fleet Management in Key Principles, Savings Opportunities, and Risk Management Strategies
• FBT Management & Optimisation
• Formulating a Fleet Management Plan
• Streamlining Administrative Procedures
• Strategies for Addressing Grey Fleet Concerns
• Mobile App Deployment for Driver Enablement
• Implementing Pool Vehicle Management Systems and Processes
Are Your Fleet Solutions In Order?
Fleet Advisory is comprised of industry experts who maintain active industry and thought leadership participation to provide expert guidance on emerging technologies, mobile fleet solutions, fleet finance, and fleet maintenance solutions.